footer

Thursday 13 August 2015

How to start a blog


How To Start a Blog – A Complete Beginner’s Guide

A Free, Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Blog in 20 Minutes (or less).

Want to start a blog, but don’t know where to start?
Then I wrote this step-by-step guide for you!
I created StartBloggingOnline.com to give beginners (like I used to be) a fast, foolproof guide to starting a blog, without having to learn HTML or waste your time reading long, boring tutorials.
I also wanted to help you avoid all the expensive mistakes I made when I was just starting out.

This Free Guide walks you through every step you need to…


  1. Set up your own custom blog domain name – like YourNewBlog.com
  2. Get your blog up and running on WordPress – most popular blogging platform.
  3. Choose a gorgeous, professional-looking template/theme you like.
  4. Boost your blog traffic and start making money through blogging.

More than 9000 people have started a blog using this guide. You can too.


Don’t know any code?
  • No problem – you don’t need to. I wrote this guide specifically for people who have never done anything like this before. And between me and you, bloggers don’t even need to learn code.
Scared to make a mistake?
  • Then you will really appreciate this guide! I’ve seen (and done) all of the most common mistakes new bloggers make – this guide will help you avoid them.
Worried you’ll get stuck?
  • Starting a blog can be confusing – if you hit a rock or you’re feeling intimidated, just send me an email and I’ll answer your questions personally. I help someone new every day.

Ready to start?



Why you should even start a blog?

I’ve actually covered 10+ reasons to start your blog on this post, but I’ll get the three most beneficial reasons in front of you so you can get yourself motivated!

1) You can make money with blogging

When I created my first blog, I had no intentions to make money. To be honest, I didn’t even know that you can earn money through blogging. However, I knew that lots of people are monetising their blogs and making good income with it.
Eventually, when I had done lot of testing and failing (I used several different methods that I’ve also described on my Step 6) my earnings started to steadily increase. If you follow my guide, you should start earning too (at some point). Obviously, I can’t make no guarantees, but if you are patient and put some work in it – you’ll succeed.

2) Self-improvement and more Creativeness

Blogs can land you a dream job. It’ll improve your writing skills, you’ll become more confident and you can add this to your CV/resume. It’s fun and you’ll feel that you’ve actually built something from zero. It’s a great journey and even better feeling you get from it.
As side from that, I’ve seen an up-going trends from writers, photographers and foodies who all want to take their hobby into next level with blogging.

3) Blogging isn’t difficult

Yep. Blogging is actually really-really easy. The hardest part is setting it up but I’ve fully explained it on my guide. I’ve always said this to my followers: If you are able to write emails, then you are also able to run a blog.
With WordPress (most popular blogging platform), you don’t have to deal with any website creation or HTML that is time consuming and boring. The only thing you need to do is customize your blog with themes, add some cool plugins and write blog posts. Once you get the grip of it, you will know exactly what to do.

This guide will teach you how to build a self-hosted WordPress blog. Yes, you can go ahead and create a “free” blog using tumblr or blogger, but before you do that, read this:


Why am I doing this?

It took me 25 cups of coffee and 150+ hours of writing to put this guide together and make it extremely simple and smooth. I also offer free support through email, spending a few hours every day helping new bloggers get going. This takes a lot of free time away from my kids and family which means I’ve also turned StartBloggingOnline.cominto business.
If you find this guide helpful, I’d be super thankful if you’d consider two ways you can help me out:
1. Send me some feedback!
I love hearing from the people who have started a blog using this guide and I answer every email I get. Here are a few random people who managed to create their blog using this guide:
go to www.cheena.co.in

2. Share it wisely
I don’t usually give such stuff out for free, but when I do – I really want this to spread virally. So if someone you know wants to know how to create a blog, use the share buttons below:
Your friend,
Mike Wallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment